Friday, May 4, 2012

Krugman is right on Argentina

Fair is fair; I often point out when he is wrong, so I must admit he is 100% correct this time around (see my most recent comment on the topic here). By whatever measure you want Argentina has grown more than Brazil in the last decade. And yes (for the nuts in Krugman's comment section), Argentina has more inflation as a result of more nominal depreciation and more wage resistance. He did not say everything is perfect in Argentina, just better (much better, as a matter of fact) than with the neoliberal model. And that was the point of Matt Yglesias too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atonella Stirarti's Godley-Tobin Lecture

There was a problem during the 7th Godley-Tobin Lecture. I disconnected everyone when I was trying to fix a problem with Professor Stirati&#...